Peanut Butter Chocolate Lava Cake
Batman and Robin. John and Chrissy. Ben and Jerry. Add chocolate and peanut butter to this list of iconic duos, except you can hang out with them on the couch in sweats. You might need all the willpower to resist eating the egg-free batter, but the (wildly short) wait is worth it.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1-2 mins
to get a song stuck in your head
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (60g) all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup (20g) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (60g) peanut butter
- ¼ cup (45g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon water
- Melt the butter in the Anyday dish. Add the remaining batter ingredients and mix well. Add the peanut butter in small, even dollops across the batter.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Drizzle the water over the batter and cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, taking care not to overcook the creamy center. The edges should look set while the center is soft, but not jiggly. Note that all microwaves cook a little bit differently, even those with the same wattage! To avoid overcooking, add time in increments of 15 seconds, checking the texture each time.
- Cool for 1 minute with the lid still on. Serve warm or cool. Enjoy with ice cream or a sprinkle of flaky sea salt.
Serving suggestions & tips
- Your cake may need additional cook time depending on your microwave wattage.
- To avoid overcooking, add time in increments of 10 seconds, checking the texture each time.
- Try chocolate hazelnut spread or any nut butter for a peanut-free alternative.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.