Coconut Poached Salmon with Swiss Chard
Because poaching locks in flavor and moisture, it’s one of our favorite ways to cook salmon. Here, salmon soaks up an aromatic broth of coconut milk and lemongrass, a citrusy herb commonly found in Thai cooking. Swiss chard adds a balance of earthy sweetness.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
Prep Time8 mins
Cook Time7 mins
to do a crossword
- ¾ cup (180ml) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- ½ jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1 ½ cups (50g) swiss chard, stem removed and thinly sliced
- 2 4-6oz fillets skinless salmon
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- cilantro, chopped, to taste (optional)
- Add the coconut milk, lemongrass, ginger, jalapeño, and soy sauce to the Anyday dish. Stir to combine. Add the swiss chard and mix thoroughly. Cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for 3 minutes, or until the swiss chard has wilted.
- Season the salmon with salt. Place on top of the chard mixture. Cover and cook for additional 4 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked to your desired doneness.
- Garnish with lime juice and fresh chopped cilantro, if using.
Serving suggestions & tips
- Enjoy with steamed rice or noodles.
- Substitute kale or another leafy green for swiss chard to mix it up!
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.