Peach and Pear Purée
Simple, light, and packed with vitamin C and fiber, peaches and pears complement each other well. Since they’re also slightly sweeter than apples, try this recipe for a baby-approved alternative to traditional apple puree.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
Prep Time4 mins
Cook Time8 mins
to catch up on your podcast queue
- 1 (150g) medium peach, peeled and sliced
- 1 (170g) medium pear, peeled, deseeded and sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- Place the ingredients into the Anyday dish. Cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for 8 minutes, or until the fruit is very tender when pierced with a fork.
- Using an immersion blender or blender, puree until mixture is as smooth or chunky as you like.
Serving suggestions & tips
- Feed just as a puree on its own, or mix it with some cooked rice or other grains if you’re starting on chunky foods.
- Serve on top of yogurt or cottage cheese.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.