Smoky, savory, and silky smooth, this Mediterranean eggplant spread pairs perfectly with pita, raw veggies, and grain salads. The dish gets its nutty flavor from tahini, a toasted sesame paste also used in hummus.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time6 mins
- 2 (200g) small eggplants, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- paprika, to taste
- Mix the eggplant, tahini, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper in the Anyday dish until combined. Cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for 6 minutes, or until the eggplant is tender and soft when pierced with a fork. Cool for 5 minutes with the lid off before transferring to a blender.
- Add lemon juice and blend until smooth. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of paprika.
Serving suggestions & tips
- If you can’t find tahini, use toasted sesame seeds instead.
- Aside from serving this as a dip, try it in your favorite sandwiches to add a punch of flavor.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.