Usually candied nuts involve hot sugar on the stovetop — and have a tendency to burn. Our method is 10x easier and yields glossy, delicious results without needing to babysit! You can use any type of nuts you’d like — walnuts, pecans, cashews, and almonds are all great. We like to add pumpkin spice, but you can use another warm spice or none at all if you prefer.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
Prep Time2 mins
Cook Time5 mins
to take a brisk walk around the neighborhood
- 2 tablespoons (30g) honey
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 2 cups (220g) nuts (walnuts, pecans, cashews, almonds are great)
- ¼ teaspoon vegetable oil
- Add honey and pumpkin spice to the Anyday and cook in the microwave, uncovered, for about 30 seconds, or until honey is less viscous.
- Stir in nuts and mix until well coated. Cook uncovered for 4 minutes, or until nuts smell toasted, sweet, and caramelized. Stir halfway into the cooking time to ensure even caramelization.
- Remove from the microwave and stir in vegetable oil, making sure to mix well for about 1 minute.
- Immediately spread evenly across waxed paper and allow to cool. Once cool, store in an airtight container for maximum freshness.
Serving suggestions & tips
- Use cinnamon, cayenne, or smoked paprika for a different flavor.
- Great for salads, soups, and ice cream sundaes.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.