Spicy potato masala that is staple in every household, best known as a classic accompaniment to dosa
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time12-13 minutes
to take 10 deep breaths
- 3 (175g) small potatoes
- 1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 1⁄4 cup curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon channa dalr
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 chopped coriander, for garnish
- chopped coriander, for garnish
- dry red chilli, for garnish
- Salt, to taste
- Wash and peel the potatoes and place them in the Anyday Large Deep Dish. Cover with the lid (knob lifted) and cook for 9-10 minutes in the microwave. Remove the lid and mash the potatoes. Tranfer the potatoes to another bowl.
- To prepare tempering, add ghee along with mustard seeds, curry leaves, channa dal, turmeric, red chilli powder and salt (to taste) in the same Anyday Large Deep Dish and cook in the microwave for 3 minutes, or until spices are fragrant and toasted.
- Add the mashed potatoes to the cooked tempering and mix thoroughly until everything is combined well.
Serving suggestions & tips
- This is a no onion, no garlic version. Feel free to add sliced onions, garlic or tomatoes to the recipe.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed. For more recipes, visit cookanyday.in.