Kimchi Tofu and Mushroom Stew
Packed with umami-rich mushrooms and piquant kimchi, this is a dish where you won’t miss the meat. The star flavor is gochujang, a Korean chili paste made from fermented soybeans. Spicy, sweet, and smoky all at once, a little gochujang goes a long way!
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
Prep Time8 mins
Cook Time8-9 mins
to fold a load of laundry
- 7 oz (200g) silken tofu, diced large
- 1 ½ cups (200g) kimchi, roughly chopped, plus ½ cup kimchi juice
- 4 (60g) button mushrooms, quartered
- 3 tablespoons chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons gochujang
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- salt, to taste
- Add all ingredients and mix to combine in the Anyday dish. Cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for 8-9 minutes, or until the kimchi has softened a bit and flavors have melded. Serve while hot.
Serving suggestions & tips
- Feel free to substitute button mushrooms with oyster, beech or enoki mushrooms.
- You can also add ground pork, though you may need to adjust the cooking time.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.