Packed with vitamins and protein, peas are a nutritional powerhouse. You’ll find no better candidate for baby’s first meal. This simple puree contains just two ingredients (peas and water) and freezes well for busy nights and weekends to come.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
Prep Time1 min
Cook Time7 mins
to post even more photos of your little one
- 2 cups (260g) frozen peas
- ¼ cup (60ml) water, chicken stock, or vegetable stock
- salt, to taste
- Place all the ingredients into the Anyday dish. Cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for 7 minutes, or until the peas are very tender.
- Using an immersion blender or blender, puree until mixture is as smooth or chunky as you like. Season to taste.
Serving suggestions & tips
- Add some butter for more flavor and texture.
- Feed just as a puree on its own, or mix it with some cooked rice or other grains if you’re starting on chunky foods.
- Also great served with chunks of fish, chicken, or turkey.