Creamy Zucchini Pancetta Pasta
The best kind of comfort food always leaves you feeling better about yourself — like this creamy, cheesy pasta that has just enough zucchini to be a complete meal. Salty pancetta bits are tossed throughout, like specks of gustatory gold. It’s easily customizable with other vegetables that cook in similar times, such as asparagus, broccoli, or cauliflower.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time18 mins
to speed read a short story
- ¼ cup (40g) pancetta, diced small
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups (240g) penne pasta
- 2 cups (480ml) water
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups (200g) zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup (80g) sour cream
- ⅓ cup (30g) parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
- Add the pancetta, garlic, raw pasta, water, and salt to the Anyday dish.
- Cook uncovered in the microwave for 14 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente with a slight bite.
- Stir in the zucchini and oil. Cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook for 4 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender.
- Toss in the sour cream, parmesan, and almonds.
Serving suggestions & tips
- If you can’t find pancetta, use bacon instead.
- Substitute ricotta cheese for the sour cream and garnish with chopped basil.
- For more color, toss in a handful of fresh spinach and cherry tomatoes at the very end.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.