Creamy Spinach Dip
With just enough spinach to make you feel virtuous, this creamy classic is like your favorite pair of stretchy pants. Garlic and hot sauce add a kick of heat, perfect for pairing with veggies and chips. Best enjoyed in said stretchy pants, with friends or solo.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
Prep Time3 mins
Cook Time6 mins
to say hi to a friend via snail mail
- 2 cups (180g) frozen spinach
- ¼ cup (60ml) heavy cream
- 1 cup (80g) jack cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3-5 dashes hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 8 oz (225g) cream cheese
- Add all the ingredients except the cream cheese into the Anyday dish and mix to combine. Cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for 5 minutes. The dip should look thick, cheese melted and bubbly.
- Remove lid, add cream cheese, and stir. Cover and cook in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir the ingredients until the dip looks emulsified, creamy, and well incorporated.
- Sprinkle some more cheese on top and enjoy.
Serving suggestions & tips
- If using fresh spinach, cook the spinach by itself in batches first for 30 seconds to a minute for each batch. Then, wring out most of the liquid before adding the other ingredients.
- To brown the top, transfer dip to a broiler-safe dish and place under the broiler for a few minutes!
- Try replacing the jack cheese with mozzarella, swiss, or smoked gouda for some new flavors.
- Mix in chopped canned artichoke hearts or water chestnuts for a heartier dip.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.