Steaming sweet potatoes entirely transforms their taste and texture. Moist, fluffy, and… well, sweet with notes of caramel, they become nature’s candy in the microwave.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
|1 medium size (340g)||9-10 mins|
|2 medium size (680g)||10-12 mins|
- Rinse and cut in half. Place in an Anyday dish and cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for the time listed in the table, or until sweet potatoes are fork-tender. Flip halfway through the cook time for even cooking.
- The leftover moisture after rinsing helps the sweet potatoes steam.
- Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper for a quick side dish.
- The lid on your Anyday dish may lift up gently on one side while cooking sweet potatoes — this is perfectly fine and happens because steam pressure has increased a bit too much inside the dish. To prevent this, you can also lower the power level, which will allow the sweet potatoes to cook more gently.
Want more sweet potato recipes?
Level it Up!
Try these versatile flavor combinations with this cooked ingredient.
Sesame: Roughly chop and toss with a tablespoon of tahini and sesame seeds
Miso sesame: Mix with miso paste, rice vinegar, and sesame oil
Velvety vegan mash: Smash and mix with coconut milk
Brown sugar cinnamon mash: Smash and mix with brown sugar and cinnamon. Top with toasted pecans