Hearty cabbage breaks down in no time when you cook it in the microwave. Pair the tender, wilted leaves with your choice of seasonings and add-ins to turn this otherwise mild cruciferous veggie into a flavor-packed side.
(Thinly Sliced Cabbage)
|2 cups (160g)||2-3 mins|
|3 cups (240g)||3-4 mins|
|4 cups (320g)||4-5 mins|
- Thinly slice the cabbage and rinse. Place in an Anyday dish and cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for the time listed in the table, or until cabbage has slightly wilted and is fork-tender.
- The leftover moisture after rinsing helps the cabbage steam.
- For the most even cooking, stir halfway through the cook time.
- Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper for a quick side dish.
Want more cabbage recipes?
Level it Up!
Try these versatile flavor combinations with this cooked ingredient.
Mexican cabbage: Season with chili powder, lime juice, and chopped cilantro, then toss some crumbled cotija cheese and a little bit of mayo or sour cream.
Cabbage "saag"-style: Add some cardamom, coriander, grated ginger, and garlic powder, and paneer (or feta). Cook until spices and cheese are warmed up.
Cabbage and rice casserole: Add cabbage to rice and follow the recipe for white rice. Once cooked, season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and some butter. Sprinkle some chopped toasted almonds for crunch