These colorful root vegetables steam in the microwave in a fraction of the time they take to roast in an oven — and keep all their healthy nutrients and antioxidants, too! Add them to salads or enjoy them on their own with a splash of olive oil and vinegar.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
|2 medium size (280g)||9-10 mins|
|3 medium size (420g)||13-14 mins|
|4 medium size (560g)||16-17 mins|
- Peel and cut into ¾" cubes. Place in an Anyday dish.
- Add 1 teaspoon water per beet. Cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for the time listed in the table, or until beets are tender, but not mushy.
- Stir halfway through the cook time for even cooking.
- Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper for a quick side dish.
- The lid on your Anyday dish may lift up gently on one side while cooking beets — this is perfectly fine and happens because steam pressure has increased a bit too much inside the dish. To prevent this, you can also lower the power level, which will allow the beets to cook more gently.
Want more beet recipes?
Level it Up!
Try these versatile flavor combinations with this cooked ingredient.
Honey lime: Mix with honey, grated ginger, and lime juice.
Balsamic goat cheese: Mix with goat cheese (or blue cheese or feta cheese), toasted nuts, and balsamic vinegar
Garlic lemon: Mix with room temperature butter, garlic powder, chopped parsley, and lemon juice. Add crispy shallots for some extra crunch
Pink goddess dressing: Blend with greek yogurt, red wine or apple cider vinegar, honey, salt, pepper, olive oil, and a splash of water. Top with a sprinkle of chopped chives.