Ditch the can — this comforting tomato soup is made from scratch in under 15 minutes (really!). We use torn sliced white bread to thicken up the blended soup. Trust us — the result is creamy, delicious, and amazing paired with a grilled cheese.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time12 mins
to learn the lyrics to “We Didn’t Start the Fire”
- 1 ¾ cups (400g) canned whole peeled tomatoes
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper or red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon brown sugar (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- 1 slice (35g) white bread, crusts removed and torn into rough ½” cubes
- Add all ingredients into the Anyday dish and stir to combine. Cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for 12 minutes, or until soup is bubbling hot and slightly thickened.
- Using a blender or immersion blender, puree all ingredients together until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serving suggestions & tips
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley, basil, or chives.
- Pair with toasted bread, a grilled cheese sandwich, or garlic bread.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.