Poached Apples with Vanilla Ice Cream
We serve these spiced poached apples with ice cream for a simple dessert, but you could use them for a whole slew of things: oatmeal topping, galette filling, and even for apple sauce!
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
Prep Time4 mins
Cook Time3 mins
to browse more Anyday recipes
- 1 cup (160g) apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ¾ teaspoon maple syrup (or molasses)
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Add apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, and grated ginger to the Anyday dish and stir to combine. Cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for 3 minutes, or until apples are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Drizzle maple syrup across apples and stir to thoroughly mix. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Serving suggestions & tips
- Great for apple pie filling or a sweet treat with ice cream and granola.
- Blend apples for a super easy applesauce.
- Excellent paired with savory dishes like smoked pork loin or chicken breast in a stilton cream.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.