Mixed Vegetable Pulao
A delicate recipe preparation with the goodness of vegetables and a hint of fragrant saffron
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time15-16 minutes
plan next week’s dinners
- 1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1⁄2 cup (75g) cubed carrots
- 1⁄2 cup (75g) cauliflower florets
- 1⁄4 cup (30g) green peas
- 1⁄2 cup (50g) chopped bell peppers
- 3⁄4 cup (100g) soaked basmati rice
- 1 pinch saffron
- chopped coriander, for garnish
- salt, to taste
- In the Anyday Large Deep Dish, add ghee and cumin seeds along with carrot and cauliflower. Cover with the lid (knob lifted). Cook in the microwave for 3-4 minutes, or until the cumin seeds are aromatic.
- Add green peas, chopped bell peppers, and soaked basmati rice. Pour 200ml water along with salt (to taste), and let the salt dissolve in the water. Add a few strands of saffron to enhance its flavour.
- Cover and cook for 12 minutes on full power (1000W), or until rice is fully hydrated and water has been absorbed. Garnish with chopped coriander and a few drops of ghee (clarified butter). Serve hot.
Serving suggestions & tips
- You can substitute almost any vegetable in this dish, such as sweet corn or mushrooms.Feel free to experiment!
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.For more recipes, visit cookanyday.in.