French Toast Pudding
Dessert for breakfast or breakfast for dessert? You can have it both ways with this cross between French toast and bread pudding. Soft white bread is perfect for soaking up the cinnamon and vanilla-spiced custard, resulting in a gooey, decadent treat.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
Prep Time3 min
Cook Time7-8 min
- 1 cup (220ml) evaporated milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon raisins (optional)
- 4 cups (190g) diced soft bread, such as brioche or hawaiian-style buns (about 8 hawaiian slider buns if using)
- 1 teaspoon butter, cut into small pieces
- Maple syrup to serve
- Add the evaporated milk, egg yolks, vanilla extract, sugar, cinnamon, and raisins (if using) into the Anyday dish and mix until well incorporated.
- Add in the bread and toss until fully coated with the egg and milk mixture. Spread in an even layer, then dot the butter evenly over the top. Cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for 7-8 minutes, or until the mixture has slightly puffed up and it feels bouncy when gently pressed on top.
- Allow to cool slightly and enjoy with maple syrup!
Serving suggestions & tips
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an easy dessert
- Add 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips for an indulgent twist.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.