Creamy Mashed Potatoes
Fluffy, smooth and rich, these are everything you’re looking for in mashed potatoes. Enjoy with gravy for special occasions (Grandma-approved for Thanksgiving) or midweek dinners.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
Prep Time4 mins
Cook Time6-7 mins
to do a closet cleanout
- 1 (170g) medium potatoes, washed and peeled, cut in large pieces
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¼ cup (60ml) milk or half and half
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Place the potato pieces in the Anyday dish. Cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for 6-7 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the hot potatoes. With a potato masher, whisk, or fork, mash the potatoes. Season generously with salt and black pepper and serve immediately.
Serving suggestions & tips
- Add a handful of chopped greens (like spinach or kale) with the milk to sneak extra vegetables into your meal.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.