Chicken & Black Bean Taco Bowl
If you’ve circled Tuesdays on your calendar, this is your go-to recipe for an elevated Taco Tuesday meal (or any other day, for that matter). Use fresh tortillas to scoop up tender chunks of chicken and beans. It’s entirely acceptable to use your hands!
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10-11 mins
to debate whether a hot dog is a sandwich
- 1 (200g) chicken breast, diced in ½-inch chunks
- ¾ (90g) red bell pepper, sliced
- ¾ cup (120g) canned black beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon chipotle or chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Add all ingredients into the Anyday dish and stir to combine. Cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for 10-11 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Cool for 1 minute with the lid still on. Serve with tortillas and your favorite toppings.
Serving suggestions & tips
- Substitute black beans with any beans of your choosing.
- Top the bowl with cotija cheese, cilantro, and freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.