Chia and oatmeal pudding
It’s now entirely appropriate to eat pudding for breakfast. Chia seeds give these oats their creamy texture. Quick and endlessly customizable (we like ours with banana and peanut butter), this is one meal worth getting up early for.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
Prep Time3 mins
Cook Time4-5 mins
to hit snooze just one more time
- ½ cup (80g) chia seeds
- ½ cup (50g) rolled oats
- 2 cups (480ml) milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup (60g) peanut butter
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Add all ingredients except the bananas into the Anyday dish and whisk to combine. Cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for 4-5 minutes, making sure the milk doesn’t boil over, until the oatmeal and chia seeds have absorbed the milk, but aren’t super creamy yet. Cool for 1 minute with the lid still on.
- Remove the lid and mix well until the pudding becomes creamy. Garnish with fresh banana slices to serve.
Serving suggestions & tips
- Add sugar, maple syrup, or honey to your liking.
- For a vegan version, replace the milk with water or plant-based milk.
- Mix, cover, and refrigerate the raw ingredients overnight for a no-cook version that’s ready first thing in the morning.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.