Carrot and Coriander Soup
Simple, soulful, and slightly sweet with a touch of spice — you’ll forgive our alliterations when you’ve had a sip. (Too much? Sorry.) This is your dish for chilly fall nights or fancy-casual couch meals, or lunches that’ll make all your coworkers jealous.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time12 mins
to catch up on your favorite show
- 1 ½ cups (185g) carrots, peeled and cut in ½-inch slices
- ½ (60g) apple, diced medium
- ¼ (50g) medium onion, diced small
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- salt, to taste
- ½ 13.5 fl oz can (200ml) coconut milk
- 1 cup (240ml) vegetable stock
- Add all ingredients except coconut milk and stock into the Anyday dish and mix to combine. Cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for 10 minutes, or until the carrots and apple are fork tender.
- Add coconut milk and stock, mixing to combine.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes, or until bubbly and hot.
- Using an immersion or regular blender, puree the soup in batches until smooth. Serve while hot.
Serving suggestions & tips
- If you don’t have an apple, switch it out with a pear or potato.
- For a less rich but still decadent version, use light coconut milk.
- In the mood for a little heat? Add chili flakes for a spicy kick.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.