Beet and Carrot Salad with Feta
Red beets and carrots form a simple warm salad, perfect for a colorful side dish or light meal. We top it with crumbled feta and tangy, nutty za’atar spice that’s signature to Middle Eastern cooking.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
Prep Time8 mins
Cook Time7-8 mins
to learn a new dance move
- 1 (140g) medium beet, peeled and cut into 2” lengths
- 2 (140g) medium carrots, peeled and cut into 2” lengths
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese, crumbled
- za'atar, to taste (optional)
- Add all the ingredients except the vinegar, feta, and za’atar to the Anyday dish. Cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for 7-8 minutes, or until the carrots and beets are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Add in vinegar, feta, and za’atar (if using) and mix to combine.
Serving suggestions & tips
- Enjoy this salad with grilled meats, seared fish or over quinoa.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.