Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Burrito
Crispy bacon, fluffy scrambled eggs, and cheese may just be the breakfast holy trinity. Folded into soft flour tortillas, they add some pep to every time of day.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
Prep Time8 mins
Cook Time8-9 mins
- 2 strips (70g) bacon, cut into small strips
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup (35g) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tortillas
- ½ avocado, sliced
- sour cream (optional)
- hot sauce (optional)
- Place the bacon in an even layer in the Anyday dish. Cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for 5 mins, or until the bacon is golden brown and crispy. If you like your bacon on the softer side, remove 1 minute earlier.
- Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon. Crack eggs into the remaining fat. Whisk the eggs with the fat until well incorporated.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring every minute with a fork or whisk, until eggs are cooked through. If needed, add more time in 15 second increments.
- Assemble burritos with the tortillas, bacon, eggs, cheese, and avocado. Top with sour cream and hot sauce if using.
Serving suggestions & tips
- Feel free to go nuts with the toppings! Add cilantro, salsa, thinly sliced onions, or a squeeze of lime juice.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.